- Self Healing
- 24"x 36"
How Long Will It Last? - Cutting mats eventually wear out, they do not last forever. Most of them are designed to last for years, depending on how they are used. All of our products can take repeated cuts without gouging; they are made for heavy professional use. However, most any material will show a knife mark unless it is made of stone or hard metal. Do not be alarmed if you can see the knife marks. Performance and longevity are dependent on several things:
- Type of material being cut
- Type of knife being used
- Sharpness of cutting blade
- Cutting pressure by user
- Sharpness of knife blades
- Always use sharp, new blades when cutting and change blades often.
- Rotate your mat often to avoid frequent cuts in the same area.
- Lighten up! Don't apply heavy pressure on your knife.
- Do not try to cut too many layers of material at once.
Cleaning - To prolong the life of any cutting mat, keep it clean. We recommend using your favorite all-purpose household spray cleaner or warm water and mild detergent. Avoid abrasive cleansers and solvents that can damage the mat or remove the printed markings. Use a lint roller or a napped lint brush to remove surface lint and fabric crumbs. A nylon net scrubber can be used to loosen any stubborn dirt or debris on your cutting mat. Microfiber cleaning cloths/towels can also be used to remove tiny fibers from knife cuts on your cutting mats.